Best 10 Ab Rollers
As Of March 2021
Do you want a six-pack ab body like your favourite celebrity? Or are you just looking for fitness equipment to tone up your abdominal core? If the answer is yes, then this affordable & space-saving piece of equipment is for you!
The ab roller is great if you want to strengthen your upper body muscles & relief back pain. We are here to help you choose the right one for you & give you tips on how to use it among others.
We did the
Looking for More Products?
Check Prices, Reviews, Availability and more...
Tone Up your body with the Best Ab Rollers!
If you are a fitness lover, then you must be working very hard to develop your body, especially your abs. They not only make your body look good but also help to improve your posture. If you are stuck with traditional methods of toning up your body, it is time to upgrade!
Here, we present you with the best choices of an ab roller wheel. The best thing about an ab roller is that it not only helps in developing your abs, but it also focuses on toning up your entire body like your arms, shoulders, back which is great if you suffer from back pain.
Here is everything that you have to know about an ab roller!
What is an Ab Roller, and how does it work?
An ab roller is a simple piece of equipment that has a wheel connected to two handles. You need to hold these two wheels with your hands and roll it over the surface for performing the workout.
The best thing about the ab roller is that it is a cost-effective method to tone up your body. The use of the ab roller is super easy, but here are some key points to help you get started:
- Keep the core of your body tight to avoid bending of your back.
- If you are a newbie, go for simple straight rolling.
- Try for other directions or range of motion only when you get the hang of it.
- An ab roller lets you flex your spine, thus allowing all your four muscle groups to stretch at once.
- Other than that, if done right, it also strengthens your hip flexors.
Benefits of an Ab Roller
Here you will learn how to effectively use an ab roller:
- Hold the hand roller with both of your hands and place it on the floor under your shoulder at the beginning.
- Keep your arms and back perfectly straight and gradually roll away.
- Ensure that your lower back is not bending down and you contract and engage your abs and lats while rolling.
- Your body should be parallel to the ground in the final position. Stay in this position for 3-5 seconds.
- Rollback to the original position, gradually.
Make sure that you keep some essential tips in mind:
- Always roll slowly to avoid injuries.
- Keep your back straight for maximum benefit.
- Ensure that your head is down and facing forward.
- Keep your breathing synced. Exhale when rolling out and inhale when returning back.
It may seem like an easy product to get, but it can be a bit tough to shortlist the best ones from all the choices available. No need to worry because we are here to help you out! Here are some key aspects that you need to check while buying an ab roller.
Stability is a must!
The very first thing that you should look for in an ab roller is stability. It is necessary to check if the ab roller has two wheels or a single wheel. The dual-wheel design provides better stability as compared to the single wheel design.
If you want to opt for a single wheel roller, it is best to go for a wide rubber wheel. Look for treads on the rubber wheel; it helps in maintaining perfect friction with the ground. Consider your level of experience before you make up your mind. If you are a beginner, it might be better to start with a dual-wheen design and then progress to a single wheel design.
The second key factor is durability. There are many products that may not suit you as they are made of plastic, though not entirely. It will not be fair to say that plastic ab rollers are not good as compared to the stainless steel rollers. As the durability factor depends highly on the weight capacity, any product with this feature is worth the pick. Consider your build and your exercise needs before making your final choice. Opt for ab rollers with premium materials for longevity.
You should be comfortable when using the ab roller. So, it is necessary to check some key points like:
- The foam around the handles of the ab roller, they elevate the comfort level while rolling.
- The grip of the handles, make sure the handles are covered with anti-slip rubber grip as it maintains traction.
- Knee mats and their thickness. The thicker they are, the more comfortable you will be. This way you will not experience rubbing of your knees.
What muscles do Ab Rollers work?
A single ab roller can put up to 20 muscles into action and provides a complete workout for all of them. These muscles are located in the abdominal core, chest upper back, lower back, as well as shoulders. The ab roller can tone up so many muscles of your upper body that makes it your go-to fitness equipment along with the push-up bar. If you are spending a lot of hours sitting in a chair, as all office workers do, then you might want to think twice about investing in an ab roller. You feel better and it will enhance your work performance.
Will an Ab Roller burn stomach fat?
Well, not exactly! The ab roller exercises the muscles under the fat. The less fat you have on your stomach area the sooner you will start seeing results. If you have more body fat, you can still use an ab roller and strengthen your muscles, but you should pay attention to your nutrition at the same time in order to reduce fat.
What type of surface are you going to use your Ab Roller on?
Well, it will depend on you on which surface you want to use it. However, here are some tips for easy and safe practice:
- If you are planning to do core strength gaining exercises outside, it is best to opt for an ab roller that has deep grooves in the wheel treads. It will be best for rough surfaces.
- On the other hand, if you are planning to do ab exercises indoors, go for those that have regular wheel treads. Smooth surfaces cooperate well with sleek treads.
Should you buy an Ab Roller with a thick or thin wheel?
To be honest, this will entirely depend on whether you are a newbie or a professional. Newbies should begin with a thick rubber wheel for an ab workout that ensures enhanced stability. On the other hand, if you are familiar with the ab roller, it is best to go for a thin wheel as it can elevate the level of muscle workout. Thin wheels make the workout more intense for better fitness level output.
Do you need to use knee pads with an Ab Roller?
Although it is not mandatory to use a knee pad while using an ab roller, you can use if you don’t feel comfortable while rolling. If you perform the workout plan without the knee mat, it will yield better results for you. Most of the ab rollers come included with a knee pad, so it is up to you if you want to use it or not!
Is it difficult to keep your balance on an Ab Roller?
The balance on an ab roller is something that you will develop with time. However, it also depends on factors like the ab roller’s material or the wheel’s thickness. If the material is light like plastic with less weight capacity, it may not be that good with balancing your weight. On the other hand, if the material is stainless steel, the balance on an ab roller will be easy to develop and maintain with time. The thicker the wheel is the more stability it provides, so if you are just starting out, we would advise you to opt for a thicker one.
Take balancing on the ab roller very seriously as it may affect your body muscles in a negative way. Keep it under check while choosing an ab roller.
Always keep in mind…
In a nutshell, we can conclude that there are many choices out there so you can find the best one for you. You just need to put your priorities in line before picking one. This guide was written to provide you with a better insight into all the products and how to choose one. You also get to know how to use an ab roller and tips to keep in mind while using it.
Now that you also know how to use it and little tips and tricks you are ready to choose the one that will help you elevate your exercise routine, along with skipping rope, dumbells, push-up bars and resistance bands. It will be a great addition to your home gym, both affordable and space-saving! What are you waiting for?