Best 10 Electric Mobility Scooters
As Of January 2022
We did the
Gain Your Freedom With The Best Electric Mobility Scooters
Are you a caregiver looking to upgrade your loved one’s mobility device? Do you have grandparents or people with disabilities at home that enjoy making their own grocery runs or other daily errands? Instead of going for a manual or electric wheelchair, why not level it up with an electric mobility scooter? These neat little gadgets are similar to a motor scooter, the power-operated vehicles. You may also come across them as handicap scooters or simply electric scooters.
Do you want to find out more about the features to consider? It’s important to do your research before buying one as it carries significant benefits for the people that need it. Let’s have a look below!
- Motor: A robust motor will make your rides smoother. There are options from 180W to 1000W. Most high-quality electric scooters are above the 500W range and give you peace of mind that you’re purchasing a durable scooter.
- Maximum Speed & Distance: The maximum speed and distance coverage on a single charge varies from one model to another. You can find options with a minimum speed starting at 6km/hr and a maximum speed of 25km/hr. Distance-wise there are models that can reach up to 70km on a full charge.
- Weight Capacity: The weight capacity is also different from one scooter to the next. An average weight capacity ranges between 100-150kg. The more premium models can hold up to 200kg because their build construction is sturdier.
- Charging Time: Check to see how long it takes for the battery to recharge on your scooter. There are options that take as little as 4 hours while others require up to 8 hours. It depends on the motor’s wattage. The higher the wattage, the longer it will take for the scooter’s battery to fill up again.
- Storage: A storage compartment isn’t a must but it’s neat to have included. You can store your personal items and protect them from rain, dust or dirt. Many scooters have a rear or front storage basket. Others include an under-seat storage box for extra space.
Who says people with disabilities shouldn’t enjoy life’s simple everyday pleasures? With the best electric mobility scooters, you are giving your loved one a sturdy and safe device for better transportability. They are a bit of a splurge in comparison to a manual wheelchair but they offer freedom of movement and quicker trips anywhere. Not to mention that they are also safe to use on motorways. Now’s the time to make your loved one’s life easier with a high-quality assistive device!