Best 10 Outdoor Waterproof Jackets For Men
As Of September 2021
We did the
Stay Dry On Hikes With The Best Outdoor Waterproof Jackets For Men
Are you a hiking enthusiast? Do you enjoy going on adventures in the great outdoors and want to have the best gear and equipment possible? From walking poles and backpacks to hiking shoes and monocular telescopes, you can find multiple items to prepare for your treks. But, what’s the most important thing to purchase so that you can handle any severe weather elements that stand in your way? A high-quality jacket, of course! If you’re a man who likes to explore nature and the gorgeous landscapes out there, you probably already know how essential a jacket is.
When you’re on lengthy hikes for hours on end, investing in one of the best outdoor waterproof jackets for men can be a real lifesaver! Want to find out more about the features to consider? Check below!
- Size: The first thing you should consider is the size of your jacket. There are many different sizes to choose from, but the most common ones you will find are from XXS to 5XL. Read the size charts to select the best fit for your body type.
- Type: The most popular jacket types are softshell, shell and torrentshell jackets. A softshell is a lightweight and breathable jacket that you wear in combination with other layers. The upper layers are usually known as shell jackets. Torrentshell jackets are 3-layer jackets with high durability and abrasion resistance.
- Water-Repellent: When looking for waterproof jackets, ensure that they have a water-repellent finish. That way, it’s guaranteed that no drizzles or downpours will stick to the fabric, thus making it uncomfortable. Also, tapered seams give you extra protection from rainfall.
- Adjustability: Adjustability is also critical for a snug fit that matches your body’s shape. Look for adjustability features in the hood, hem and cuffs. Some jackets even come with removable hoods to make them more lightweight if it’s no longer raining.
- Pockets: Select a jacket with multiple pockets so that you can store all your valuables safely in a dry spot. Many outdoor waterproof jackets come with 2 side pockets, chest pockets and even interior pockets.
- Colours: Finally, colour may not be a critical factor when considering which jacket to pick. But, it’s still an aesthetic choice, and you should review the options carefully. Some may even come with reflective strips to protect you and make you visible to road users at night.
Take on the great outdoors fully prepared no matter what weather conditions you find in your way! The best outdoor waterproof jackets for men are robust and excellently stitched to withstand wear and tear. Are you ready to explore nature to its fullest potential?