Best 10 Steam Generator Irons
As Of March 2021
Do you dread baskets full of laundry waiting to be ironed but... no will nor time? Then, maybe you should stop spending hours ironing clothes in a conventional way and try something new!
We did the
Colour: Black/Blue, Water Tank Capacity: 1.6 L, Power: 2400 W, Weight: 4.72 Kgs
- Removable spiral scale collector prevents limescale build-up
- High-pressure steam and additional boost ensures outstanding results
- 5 different settings for various types of fabrics
- Anti-calc and anti-stain protection for well-catered clothes
Colour: Navy/White, Water Tank Capacity: 1.8 L, Power: 2400 W, Weight: 5.8 kgs
- Requires no temperature setting for easiness and eco-friendly ironing
- Kills up to 99.9% bacteria while it gently refreshes the clothes
- Its T-ionic glide base plate is resistant to scratches and durable
- High steam power allows for vertical ironing too
Colour: Black/White, Water Tank Capacity: 1.3 L, Power: 2400 W, Weight: 4.5 kgs
- Takes half the time to iron layers of creases and wrinkles compared to most irons
- Calc-clean protection and non-stick base plate for prolonged steam performance
- 1-minute heat-up time only can deliver fast results
- Has a secure iron and base locking system
Colour: Red/Black, Water Tank Capacity: 2.2 L, Power: 2400 W, Weight: 6.9 kgs
- Auto clean steam generator with protection against limescale
- Multiple steam settings adjustable to various needs
- Can be used vertically as well for extra convenience
- Non-stick, ceramic base plate that is gentle to all fabrics
Colour: Blue/White, Water Tank Capacity: 1.5 L, Power: 2400 W, Weight: 3.3 kgs
- OptimalTEMP technology ensures that no clothes will be burnt
- Auto cleaning and descaling inbuilt system extends the appliance’s lifespan
- Anti-scratch base plate that smoothly glides over your clothes
- Compact and lightweight easily used and stored
Colour: Pink/White, Water Tank Capacity: 1L, Power: 2200 W, Weight: 2.75 kgs
- Water spray option to help you tackle the tough creases quickly
- Anti-scale cartridge easily replaceable and maintained
- Durable stainless steel base plate for many years of use
- Heats up in under 2 minutes time for quick results
Colour: Black/White, Water Tank Capacity: 1.9 L, Power: 2470 W, Weight: 5.54 kgs
- Powerful pressure boiler with pressure up to 8 bars
- Anti-scale & anti-drip protection for long-lasting performance
- High steam boost of 520g goes deeply into the fabric for thorough sanitizing
- Light & smooth-gliding soleplate, safe for sensitive fabrics
Colour: Light Blue, Water Tank Capacity: 1.5 L, Power: 2200 W, Weight: 3.2 kgs
- Eco-friendly iron with a carbon footprint less than that of an A4 sheet
- Scale filter cartridge that is easily accessible
- Cord storage fins on the sides for extra convenience
- Can be used vertically as a steamer too for a quick fresh-up on the go
Looking for More Products?
Check Prices, Reviews, Availability and more...
A Closer Look at the Top 3 Steam Generator Irons
- Powerful steam output for easy ironing and deep freshness
- 2-year warranty with an additional 10-year repairing facility
The Tefal SV6035 Fasteo steam generator, with a reasonably sized water tank and a 10-year reparability stamp, is a powerful device aimed at reducing the time you spend ironing clothes. This model takes just 2 minutes to heat up and with its ceramic base plate provides your clothes with a smooth swish, to get crease-free and fresh in no time! The eco mode, which is also available helps you keep an ideal temperature for the kind of fabric at hand, without using extra energy.
This appliance comes with a replaceable anti-calc cartridge which provides easy maintenance and enduring performance. The exceptional steam power is another feature that allows you to correctly iron various types of fabrics, including delicates, jeans and curtains. But what’s more, it will enable vertical ironing, doubling as a steamer, too! The cord storage in the bottom unit maximises the utility and ease, making this steam generator iron a household must-have. An excellent choice that will pleasantly surprise you!
- Eco-friendly mode available
- Auto descaling & removable cartridge
- Reduces ironing time by half
- No iron and plate lock
- The cable may be a bit stiff
- The steamer may not spray immediately
- Scale collector x10 for extra consistency in steam output
- High-pressure steam with up to 7.5 bars and 500g additional boost
The Tefal GV9071 ProExpress Care has a replaceable anti-scale and spiral protection mechanism that- as per 2016 external testing- collects 10 times more limescale particles. In this way, it generates consistent steam for an extended period, keeping your clothes stainless and deeply refreshed. It further incorporates smart technology to provide optimal steam pressure for each fabric type, with 5 different settings for linen, cotton, wool, silk and synthetics, at the mere press of a button.
But the good stuff doesn’t stop here: The auto clean durilium air glide soleplate evenly distributes steam, providing an extra 33% ease of glide, compared to other Tefal iron soleplates. This feature translates into an easy and fast ironing process for you! Besides, the anti-drip protection, along with the auto-clean coating helps you keep the clothes stain-free. Lastly, this model locks on to the base unit so you can carry it around easily, while it has a cord rewinder that automatically winds the wire after you are done ironing. As a whole, it makes for a high-quality appliance.
- Anti-stain and anti-scale protection
- 33% more glide than other Tefal plates
- Smart technology with 5 fabric settings
- Pricey enough
- Have to adjust temperature every time
- Buttons are a little hard to press
- Automatic temperature setting, adjustable to the fabric’s type
- T-ionic glide baseplate that is resistant to scratches
The Phillips GC9630/20 Perfect Care Elite is a powerful steam generator iron providing 135g/m continuous steam with a boost of 470g! With the OptimalTEMP technology, the iron automatically sets an optimal ironing temperature, according to the fabric type. This advancement is not only eco-friendly but also ensures that no fabric is burned during the ironing process. Additionally, the T-ionic glide base plate is scratch-resistant, which means extended durability, along with smooth and swift ironing.
This Phillips model is very light and with its powerful steam, can be used vertically, too, as a steamer to take creases out of curtains or hanging dresses and formal suits already on a rack. It has a unique De-Calc Plus mechanism that indicates when your iron has collected enough limescale to be cleaned. Taking a 2-minute steam prep time, this steam generator iron comes with a large-sized water tank that can last for up to 2 hours of steam ironing. A strong and reliable ally for your laundry pile!
- No burns guarantee via OptimalTEMP
- Extremely lightweight
- Large water tank requiring fewer refills
- Noisy when pumping water
- Cannot stand on its heels
- EasyCalc needs frequent changing
Save Precious Time With a Steam Generator Iron!
Ironing can be one of the most daunting household chores. Whether you iron clothes as a house helper or as a part of your weekly home laundry routine, we know how time-consuming this process can be! Another reason ironing is considered tiresome is because a traditional steam iron can be heavy, requiring more effort on your part to move it around. Moreover, there’s always the fear that you may accidentally burn your sensitive or silky garments, because of outdated technology and low-quality soleplate material.
Therefore, getting your hand on the right steam generator iron can be a god-sent! It can free up your precious time for other chores or even some much-needed rest by getting your work done right and quickly. Fortunately enough, you can get steam irons in all price brackets and find the one that best suits your budget.
Over time, however, steam irons tend to accumulate a lot of limescale that is usually hard to get rid of and can leave stains on your clothes. With that been said, though, you don’t have to dread ironing anymore. As long as you're ready to upgrade your previous ironing appliance to something more advanced, the solution you’ve been looking for is at hand!
Why give Steam Generator Irons a chance?
A steam generator iron produces up to three times more steam compared to a regular one, with some boasting as high as 135g/m of continuous steam. The higher the steam output, the easier the crease removal, which means you can simultaneously iron and remove creases from both sides of clothes.
If you usually have big piles of laundry, a steam generator iron will be able to go through them much quicker than a traditional steam iron. Moreover, with a sizable water tank, you can iron clothes for longer, without having to refill regularly.
Many factors come into play when choosing the optimal steam generator iron for you. Primarily, it depends on your personal use and comfort. As each household is unique, the same choice might not apply to every user. Thus, making an informed choice can be quite confusing sometimes.
Steam generator irons today are way more advanced and powerful than their predecessors. You have a great pool of options to choose from that check all the specification boxes and hit the right price points. Equipped with powerful steam generators, not only they produce steam in lesser time but they can also go on for hours at length! Hence, steam generator irons are quicker, more efficient and more durable than traditional irons.
Descaling and cleaning the iron of limescale has become so much more comfortable with the modern steam generator irons! Most of them have some mechanism especially addressing this issue, with cartridges collecting the residue automatically which then has to be manually cleaned out. Moreover, the soleplates also come in many different materials to provide a smoother and easier gliding, which respects your clothing’s fabric.
Are you still confused about which steam generator iron is best suited for you? Worry not, we’ve got you covered! Our handy guide is made to help you choose the right product without having to do unending research, getting further confused by the various options.
Always Think About...
- Water tank capacity: You need to consider the capacity of the water tank when buying a steam generator iron. It can be anywhere between a little under 1 litre to over 2 litres. It is up to you if you want the tank to be transparent so you can keep track of the water level. Your individual choice depends clearly on your specific needs.
- Steam shot level: Steam shots work to remove stubborn creases. The higher the steam shot level, the deeper it’ll penetrate the fabric and the quicker it will remove the crease. Generally, steam generator irons come with a steam shot range of 280g to 600g.
- Continuous steam pressure: Ideally, the more efficient you want your iron to be, the higher the iron’s steam output measure should be. It can generally be as low as 50g/min and as high as 500+g/min. Anything over 200g/min should be decent, but the final decision is up to you.
- Wattage: The wattage of the iron is important if you want to reduce your ironing. Higher wattage means the iron will heat up faster and take less time to start producing heat. The average time a good steam generator will take is 2 minutes, but some irons can generate steam in as less as a minute.
Overall, a good steam generator iron can be quite helpful in reducing the amount of time you spend on ironing clothes, which can otherwise be spent bonding with family and enjoy some leisure time by yourself! Covering all important aspects, let this guide help you decide the right steam generator iron for you.