Best 10 Walking Poles
As Of June 2021
We did the
Trekkers, Hikers & Walkers: Grab a Pair of the Best Walking Poles!
Do you enjoy some light cardio and excellent fat-burning workouts? Are you into walking as a form of physical exercise? If you like going on long hikes and walks in off-beaten paths, then you probably know how hard it is to climb uphill or through rough terrain. The knee and back pressure can be unbearable, your balance and posture will take a hit, and when you go home, you’ll feel tired and spent. But, with the best walking poles, or trekking poles as some like to call them, you’ll be walking longer distances without any discomfort!
Walking poles are a very popular hiking accessory that many nature enthusiasts like to purchase. They give you better stability in rough terrains. Hiking, trekking and camping can be very adventurous sports that require some equipment for safety. Depending on the trekking season, you may need some crampons, hiking shoes or even a torch for better visibility on dangerous paths. A high-quality walking pole gives you peace of mind that you will not sink in the snow or slip on rocky mountains.
But, read up a bit to know what you should consider before your purchase.
- Shaft Material: The pole material will either be aluminium or carbon fibre. Carbon fibre is a stronger and more expensive material than aluminium.
- Extendable Pole: A height-adjustable pole is best for fixing to the trekker’s preference. Most walking poles are collapsible, going from 65cm to 135cm in seconds. Foldable walking poles are also better for storage purposes.
- Multiple Pole Tips: Multiple pole tips are suitable for varying terrain types. Many walking poles include different pole tips for gravel, rock, forests, snow and mud.
- Handles, Straps & Moisture Absorption: The most popular handle materials are either rubber foam or cork. Most walking poles have rubber foam as it’s inexpensive and has equally good moisture resistance as cork. Moisture absorption is essential because it prevents sweat from piling up on your palms and wrists.
- Anti-Shock: A walking pole that has anti-shock features improves the blood flow across the body. As a result, it relieves muscle aches and lowers the chances of injuries too.
Picking a walking pole for your next hike will be a life-saving purchase. Relieve any knee, elbow or back pain and improve your posture, balance and blood flow with your own pair! Take your partner outdoors to bask in nature’s greatness by choosing a two-pack instead. The options are endless for any height and body type! What’s it going to be? Aluminium or carbon fibre?