Best 10 Cordless Screwdrivers
As Of March 2021
Don’t get in a flap over that flat pack! Add a bit of oomph to your next DIY job and get that bookshelf up quicker than you can say pass the next screw.
We did the
3-4.5 Nm Torque, 3.6V / 1.5Ah Lithium-ion Battery, 215 rpm Speed, Weighs 300g
- Included adapters help you get to those hard-to-reach areas
- Efficient micro USB charger allows for super-fast charging
- Free up your hands with the built-in light for pin-point precision
- Lightweight & ergonomic design for one-handed operation
3-4.5 Nm Torque, 3.6V / 1.5Ah Lithium-ion Battery, 215 rpm Variable Speed, Weighs 340g
- Softgrip handle is ergonomically shaped for ultimate control
- Variable speed helps avoid accidental damages to surfaces
- Know exactly how much battery is left with the 3 LED indicator
- Dual charging between micro USB or charging dock
Looking for More Products?
Check Prices, Reviews, Availability and more...
A Closer Look at the Top 3 Cordless Screwdrivers
- A lightweight cordless screwdriver that’s comfortable to hold
- Designed to get to those hard to reach places
If you’re looking for a fast and convenient way to put together that shelf, bed frame or curtain rail then the Bosch IXO 5 is an outstanding choice. Lightweight, compact and comfortable to hold, it’s great for tasks both big and small. The battery holds a good amount of charge and takes just 3 short hours to recharge once drained. The micro USB charger is quick and easy to use. Charge it from the wall, your laptop or other micro USB port.
For those hard to reach places, the Bosch IXO 5 includes both an angle and off-set angle adapter. Perfect for tight corners and narrow gaps that are too small for even compact drills to reach. The LED light is a nice touch and helps illuminate those dark or dimly lit areas behind furniture or tricky corners where visibility is limited. While the adjustable torque gives you extra control over the force used.
- Angle & off-set angle adapters
- Nice weight balance
- Comfortable to hold
- Only one flat head included
- Torque is not adjustable
- A unique colored screwdriver that will stand out in your toolbox
- Perfectly designed for small jobs at home or in the office
The Hi-Spec DT30317 cordless screwdriver is the perfect power tool for those small little jobs around the house. Nicely priced, it provides some additional power to tighten or loosen screws. Due to its lightweight and compact design, it can easily be used one-handed for those tight or awkwardly placed screws that can’t be reached with a manual screwdriver.
The 180rpm gets the job done faster, but isn’t so powerful that you risk losing control and damaging the screw or surface. While the 2 Nm torque is gentle enough for those delicate DIY tasks that require care and attention. For those dark and badly lit areas, the handy front-facing light is bright enough to illuminate the work area without dazzling you. The 26-bit accessory kit that comes with the Hi-Spec DT30317 is especially welcomed, particularly when you consider the low price.
- Lightweight & easy to handle
- Arrives ready charged
- Good range of attachments
- Colour won’t appeal to everyone
- Doesn’t come with a storage case
- Fairly low powered
- An efficient tool suitable for a variety of tasks
- Carefully crafted to exacting standards by a brand you can trust
Part of the already established IXO range, the Bosch IXO 6 is the 6th iteration of the popular Bosch cordless screwdriver. Taking everything great from its predecessors, Bosch has worked hard to create something even better. From the sleek design to the addition of variable speed, the Bosch IXO 6 is seriously next level. But this cordless screwdriver is more than just a nice looking piece of kit.
Designed for run-of-the-mill DIY tasks to fun and creative arts and crafts, the Bosch IXO 6 delivers and then some. Everything you need to get started is neatly tucked away in its very own storage box – great for those off-site jobs. It comes with 10 different bits, all suited to a variety of tasks. The lightweight and ergonomically designed body is nice to hold and is easy to grip. While the trigger-style speed control is simple yet effective.
- Variable speed & torque control
- Comfortable & easy to hold
- Solid build quality
- Only comes with 10 bits
- Lacks power for tougher jobs
- Grip doesn’t feel quite right
Get It Done Faster With A Cordless Screwdriver
There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to put together that newly ordered furniture only to find those screws simply won’t budge. Worse yet, that last screw is in an awkward or seemingly unreachable place making it impossible to get enough leverage to fully screw or unscrew it manually - no matter how hard you try.
Blisters, wrist ache and inner turmoil – we’ve all been there! One screw is all it takes to turn that once easy DIY job into a battle of epic proportions. Just you, a screwdriver and that seemingly unbeatable screw! It’s enough to make anyone’s heart sink and cry. Not anymore with the perfect cordless screwdriver!
Why give Cordless Screwdrivers a Chance?
With a cordless screwdriver by your side, you can make light of those troublesome DIY tasks that require some extra speed, power, and precision. Perfect for those tough and irksome jobs where manual screwing just won’t cut it.
Unlike a drill, cordless screwdrivers are slim and compact enough to fit in those hard to reach places. They are lightweight, so they can be used one-handed without causing you unnecessary aches, pains, blisters, and potential repetitive strain injury (RSI).
With so many features to consider, it can be difficult to know which cordless screwdriver is best. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a complete novice or a DIY god, when buying tools it’s imperative that you do your research. Every job is different, so it’s important to weigh up the options and decide based on the task at hand.
Some jobs require more than simply a bit of elbow grease. Cordless screwdrivers are not only portable, but they offer some much needed mechanical assistance in times of strife. Torque, speed, and power output all play a crucial role in halving your workload. Being cordless, battery life is also key if you have long or remote DIY tasks where time is of the essence.
Why punish yourself with a manual screwdriver? Blisters, RSI, cuts and bruises can all be avoided with the right tool. Need different-sized bits? A cordless screwdriver makes perfect sense. Don’t waste time rummaging around for that correct sized screwdriver. Simply switch out the necessary bit or adapter and you have what you need without taking up pointless space in your toolbox. What a space-saver!
Confused? Don’t be. Cordless screwdrivers may all come in different shapes and sizes, but the right one is just waiting for you. Take your time, do your research, and read our guide. We’ve compiled all the necessary information to help you pick the best cordless screwdriver for you and your needs.
Always Think About...
- Torque: Measured in Newton metres (Nm), torque is the tightening force of the cordless screwdriver. The higher the torque, the stronger the force. This makes it easier to get through high-density or particularly resistant surfaces where needed. If you get a cordless screwdriver with multiple torque settings, you can prevent the risk of stripping the screw or damaging your bits with too much or too little force.
- Speed: Measured in revolutions per minute (RPM), the no load speed lets you know how fast the screwdriver rotates. The higher the RPM the quicker you’ll get the job done. However, faster isn’t always better. For delicate jobs, you’ll want something slower (around 180rpm) or with a variable speed dial to avoid loss of control or damage to the surface.
- Battery: As a cordless device, the battery type is crucial. Charge time as well as the battery capacity (how long it will stay operational for) should both be weighed up when making a decision. You may also want to consider if the battery is removable and if there’s a LED indicator to let you know how much charge you have left. Lithium-ion is one of the most common types of battery you’ll find, but some cordless screwdrivers will have other types of rechargeable battery such as NiMh (Nickel–metal hydride).
We’ve analyzed the data, compared the bestsellers and compiled a list of only the best cordless screwdrivers on the market right now. Everything you need to make that final decision has been conveniently collated on one easy to understand page. So why wait?! With a cordless screwdriver by your side, you can say bye, bye to blisters and pesky RSI.